Why is it so cheap abroad?April 9, 2016
Medical tourism statistics and factsMay 4, 2016
Here is a list of questions to ask your plastic surgeon regarding pre-operative asssessment, the course of surgery, and post-operative care. The list is general, the detailed questions depend on the type of the procedure. You may not find some of these questions useful. Hope it helps. If you could think of any additional questions write them in the comments.
- Does it make sense to undergo the surgery if I plan to have kids in the future?
- When and where the surgery takes place?
- How should I prepare myself before the surgery?
- What medical tests should I do before the surgery?
- Can I take medicines, vitamins, dietary supplements, herbal drugs before and after the surgery?
- Can I smoke cigarettes before and after the surgery?
- Can I have a surgery while menstruating?
- Should I vaccinate myself before the surgery?
- Do I have to remove nail polish/fake nails before the surgery?
- Is the effect I want to achieve possible?
- What type of surgery (and for example size, placement of implants) do you recommend me?
- How long does the surgery take?
- Can you explain me in details the course of the surgery?
- What kind of anesthesia will be used? Will I meet with the anesthesiologist in advance?
- How long can I stay in your clinic?
- How does the post-operative care look like?
- May my companion spend the night with me in the clinic?
- What medical files will you give me after the surgery? In form of a paper document, on a pendrive, in what language?
- What is the total cost of the surgery in my case?
- What are the possible complications of the surgery and anaesthesia? How often they occur in your practice and what is the most frequent one?
- What are the first symptoms of infection and what should I do if I think I have one?
- How should I take care of surgical site?
- When can I go back home after surgery?
- For how long patients usually take painkillers after the surgery?
- Does the cost include follow up visits? How many and when/where should I have them?
- Should I go see a surgeon at any point after returning home?
- Do you give me any guarantee? If something goes wrong do you fix it for free?
- What can I expect during recovery?
- After what time will I see the full effect of the surgery?
- Can I take a shower or bath normally after the surgery? If no, what are the restrictions and for how long?
- What activities as a tourist can I have after surgery and when (for example sunbathing)?
- When can I drink alcohol after surgery?
- When can I have sex after surgery?
- How long until I can go back to physical exercises?
- Can I drive a car after surgery?
- When can I go back to normal activity (cleaning, shopping)?
- When can I go back to work after surgery?
- When can I go swimming/ to jacuzzi/sauna?
- When can I start sleeping on a side or stomach?
- When can I have another surgery (on the same area eg. second breast augmentation or another area)?
- Will I need another surgery (eg. implants replacement)? What are the symptoms that I need to replace the implants?
- Where will I have scars?
- How can I get rid of scars? After what time can I start getting rid of scars?
See more: If you want to know how to choose a plastic surgeon abroad, click here